Leadership Matters readers are nothing if not consistent. Trending in 2023 were the perennially popular articles covering the topics of ethics, credentialing, and board-related matters.
In addition to updates on ethics from the ICMA Executive Board’s Committee on Professional Conduct, Rebuilding Public Trust: When an Ethical Breach Shatters Public Confidence attracted many readers.
Quarterly lists of members recommended to receive the credential are always popular; and check out My Rewarding 13-Year Journey in the ICMA Credentialing Program for one member’s experience.
Other popular themes:
- Member-related news, including the 2023 ICMA Distinguished Service Award Recipients and 2023-2024 ICMA Committee Appointments.
- Leadership: Career Compass No. 102: Responding to Public Criticism.
- Management: Let’s Think Differently about Firing Poor Performers and 10 Ways to Combat the Hiring Process.
- Budgeting: Rethinking Budgeting in Local Government.
- Performance Measurement: Starting Simple in Performance Measurement.
We look forward to continuing to provide valuable content in Leadership Matters this year and in the years to come. If you have a topic that you would like to see covered, send an email to email@example.com and let us know.
New, Reduced Membership Dues
A new, reduced dues rate is available for CAOs/ACAOs, along with additional discounts for those in smaller communities, has been implemented. Learn more and be sure to join or renew today!