|Category||Current Annual Rate||New Annual Rate
|Population greater than 7,500||[Annual salary x 0.008]
(Up to $1,400)
|[Annual salary x 0.0065]
(Up to $1,200)
|Small Community*||N/A||[Annual salary x 0.0065] x less 20% discount
(Up to $940)
The chief administrative officer (CAO) is also known as city manager, town administrator, or county executive. The assistant chief administrative officers (ACAOs) is also known as assistant managers and deputy managers.
Do you work in a small community with a population less than or equal to 7,500?
ICMA is now offering a 20% discount for CAOs and ACAOs working in local government communities with populations less than or equal to 7,500 and with a General Fund Budget less than or equal to $7.8 million.
ICMA recognizes that smaller communities have resource issues that make it harder to afford ICMA. We believe it is important that all CAOs/ACAOs, regardless of community size and budget, have the tools and resources they need to succeed.
*Eligibility for the 20% discount will be determined as you go through the join process.
Read the frequently asked questions about joining ICMA »
These featured benefits are included with an ICMA membership:
|Products & Services||Price|
Full members and Affiliate members with 5 years local government experience and 5 years of ICMA membership, may vote on:
|Participate in the Voluntary Credentialing Program, a self-directed program where ICMA members may earn the designation of ICMA Credentialed Manager (ICMA-CM) granted by the ICMA Executive Board.||Eligible to apply|
|Receive personal and financial support with the Members in Transition program if you have been fired, forced to resign or otherwise involuntarily separated||Included|
|Receive personal and professional wellness support with the Equilibrium Program||Included|
How to Join or Renew
Complete your online application to join ICMA. In most cases, your online membership application will be processed within moments so that you can begin enjoying member benefits immediately.
If you have any problems using the online application, please refresh the cache of your browser.
Processing of memberships by mail typically take up to two to three weeks to establish.
- Downloadable the membership application (PDF)
- Mail application and check to:
P.O. Box 79403, Baltimore, MD 21279-0403
Do you have questions about membership with ICMA?
Call the ICMA Member Benefits & Services Team at 800-745-8780 or 202-962-3680 or email email@example.com.
Other membership information
- Membership will not be established without dues payment in full.
- All payments must be made in U.S. currency.
- Purchase orders are not considered payment. ICMA recognizes that many employers require a signed purchase order to process payment. Send purchase orders to ICMA for signature.
- Membership may not be transferred from one person to another. ICMA is a professional association and ICMA membership belongs to the individual, not the employer.
- ICMA will not provide a dues refund if a member leaves current employment; membership travels with the individual to his or her next position.